Good Morning, Mamo Contractors–I hope you are enjoying the sights as the fall colors have started popping.
I thought I would give you some tips on licensing trucks for our customers as we have been doing quite a few turnkey deliveries recently.
- Make sure your name is signed on the Power of Attorney before you go into DMV
- Make sure you register the truck as instructed on our paperwork, we have had errors on GVWR on quite a few. We note this on the front page of every packet we send you, if the truck is to be registered at 11,030 gvwr and the state offers you a 10,000 pound plate or a 12,000 pound plate you must ALWAYS register at the higher weight. Never license a truck at less than the Gross Vehicle Weight.
- All of the information you need is in that packet to fill out forms, if you have questions just call in to speak with Tina or Michelle and they will walk you through it.
- Always make sure you get a copy of the registration and keep in mind that we need a receipt showing the amount you wrote the check for, even if it isn’t shown on the registration–in some states, a copy of the registration does not give us what we need to bill our customers.
- Try to get into the DMV by lunchtime, that way if there are any problems we can still try to assist you in getting licensed and delivered the same day.
We are still very busy and need all of you on the road, thanks for all you do to help make Mamo Transportation successful, we appreciate you all!