There are laws governing driving on the highways with school buses which must be observed:
* Drivers traveling in the same direction as buses are ALWAYS required to stop when buses do.
* Vehicles may NOT pass a school bus until the flashing red lights have been turned off.
* Drivers approaching a school bus from either direction must stop when the bus displays flashing red lights and extended signal arm.
* It is unlawful to pass a school bus on the right side: the side where children enter or exit.
* Flashing yellow lights mean the bus is preparing to stop; slow down and prepare to stop too.
* Flashing red lights and extended arm mean that the bus is stopped and children are getting on or off. Stop and wait until the lights stop flashing and the extended arm is withdrawn.